Vocational Education Interior Designing – Report No.2 2018-2019
Topic: Interior Designing
Trainer: Ms. Nayana Mehta, mother of Kanav Mehta, Grade 7
Date of Training: 25th October 2018
Timings: 8.40 to 9.30
No. of Participants: 79
Venue: PICT Model School (Music Room)
- To familiarize the learners with Interior Designing and prospects to take it up as a career.
- To have an aesthetic bend while observing buildings, bungalows, schools, rooms etc.
- The steps involved in designing a place.
- Ms. Mehta began the session by introducing herself and giving a brief introduction about her profession.
- Ms. Mehta showcased some of her projects to the learners.
- The speaker then questioned the learners on the importance of designing, how designing can bring difference to a place.
- She also exposed the learners to “structural designing”, “blue print”, “planning.”
- She introduced the learners to the different ways of designing and the materials that can be used for the same.
- She stressed on the importance of the first step (planning) in designing.
- The learners saw different pictures of wall execution, draft room, exterior plan and materials like black granite, mosaic, ceramic tiles.
- The speaker then divided the learners into groups of 15 and encouraged the learners to design their own beds.
- The learners enthusiastically participated in the activity and came up with diverse ideas of designing a bed.
The learners enjoyed the session with Ms. Mehta. The speaker was friendly and answered all the queries of the learners.